Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Auction Forum Index Auction Forum Index
Free Articles, News, Tips & Support for online auction users worldwide!
Your Relaunched Auction Forum Offering Free Online Auction Help & Advice...

Auction Lotwatch Auctions Home Auction Forum Index Register Memberlist Search Free Auction Tools

Auction Forum Index » Other Auction Sites » experienced wording
experienced wording 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 1:45 pm Reply with quote
thewhites1212

Id prefer too put mature rather then experienced and then when the buyer gets something that was used and not described as used, he takes me to court and sues me.
Silly me though why didnt i try very mature.

On the positive side folks , i wouldnt buy anything from anyone who used experienced as the word for describing used.

Firstly its not an english way of phrasing such items and secondly what else have their mislead me by mispronouncing other words.

Go for the correct manner and maybe your sales will increase , why complicate or be different?

But thats only my opinion. your entited too yours. good luck anyway , i wish you the best in what ever you try

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 6:02 pm Reply with quote
Enthusiast

I think for many buyers one of the most important points is to know whether the item is new or secondhand. There are lot of words for secondhand such as used, pre-owned, second user as well as the word secondhand itself.

In the UK (I don't know about elsewhere) phrases such as experienced, mature or very mature wouldn't necessarily indicate to a buyer that the item wasn't new. In fact to many people, including me, they would not really make much sense at all. If an item is used then, imho, it needs to be described as such in plain English which everyone will understand. Following that principle, the large number of second-hand items which I've sold over the years have always been described as used and so no-one has ever complained they weren't getting what they were expecting.

So sadly it doesn't surprise me that an item which has been described by a phrase unfamiliar to most people had given risen to a dispute.
experienced wording 
  Auction Forum Index » Other Auction Sites