Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Auction Forum Index Auction Forum Index
Free Articles, News, Tips & Support for online auction users worldwide!
Your Relaunched Auction Forum Offering Free Online Auction Help & Advice...

Auction Lotwatch Auctions Home Auction Forum Index Register Memberlist Search Free Auction Tools

Auction Forum Index » New Auction Sites » The waiting for a better auction is over!
The waiting for a better auction is over! 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:37 pm Reply with quote
Blackwells

A technological break-through has made it possible

NOW ANYONE CAN ENJOY THE BENEFITS OF LIVE BIDDING
Your computer is your auction house, we are your auctioneer. You are in control.

Selling? For only a $2.99 per item listing fee, we will auction your items LIVE in real time. You pay no commission or other fees.

Buying? Take advantage: No buyers premium or house bidders. Seller pays no commission, Live bidding in real time and no snipes. Better for you.

Buy or Sell with confidence Bidding is in plain sight. No phantom bidders.

Event Auctions offers a great opportunity for volume sales. List 30-1500 items to be sold at your own dedicated auction in one session. Your auction is listed by State and City. Create a following of local and internet customers.

Help us go in to beta, use auction free Sign up now!

See you at the auction.

Blackwells Live Auction
http://www.blackwellsauction.com

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Enthusiast

I have to agree this is quite different from anything I've ever seen before. To work it will need lots of sellers with desirable items, and also lots of people able to sit by their computers when an item is actually being auctioned and put in their bids. And that last bit could well present a problem. It would be good too if international bids are acceptable - it isn't clear to me if they would be.

The auctioneer "Edward" seems a bit geriatric and generally the animation & scenery seem a bit amateurish - I think they would need to be worked on to give people the confidence to bid for a Rolex!

Most important who are Blackwells - are they an established firm? If so people need to be told. Finally I'm unhappy to see Western Union as a payment option. It is not intended for this (see their website) but for payments between people who know and trust each other eg family and friends. In an auction context Western Union is the fraudsters friend as many people have find out to their cost.

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Steve - Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi,

Yes I liked it - interesting new concept and I guess quite refreshing to
see someone doing something different!

A couple of questions I would have would be what would happen in
the situation of a lot of people interested and ready to bid on an item?
It would be intesting to see it in action with say 50 or 100 or more people bidding on an item.

Personally I would change the name unless Blackwells is well known as
I would imagine on the type in traffic it will suffer.

All in all pretty nice though and best of luck with it!

Cheers

Steve
The waiting for a better auction is over! 
  Auction Forum Index » New Auction Sites